- Partnership for the Public Good: Achieving a Greater Buffalo
- Partnership for the Public Good: Missing the Target: How Economic Development Programs Have Failed to Revive Buffalo’s Most Challenged Neighborhoods
- Magavern, Sam: Revitalizing Buffalo
- Pendall, Rolf. Transition and Renewal: The Emergence of a Diverse Upstate Economy. Brookings Institution (2004)
- Glaeser, Edward: Can Buffalo Ever Come Back
- Fisher, Bruce: What It Will Take
Rust Belt Revitalization
- Columbus Dispatch. On the Brink. (Special Report: Can Ohio’s Cities Be Saved).
- Hoyt, Lorlene. Voices from Forgotten Cities: Innovative Revitalization Coalitions in America’s Older Small Cities. PolicyLink (2007).
- McGahey, Richard. Retooling for Growth: Building a 21st Century Economy in America’s Older Industrial Areas Brookings Institution (2008).
- Miller, Anita. Going Comprehensive: Anatomy of an Initiative that Worked (CCRP in the South Bronx). LISC (2006).
- Streitfield, David. Survival Lesson in Pittsburgh: Shedding an Industrial Past NY Times, 1/8/09.
- Vey, Jennifer. Restoring Prosperity: the State Role in Revitalizing America’s Older Industrial Cities. Brookings Institution (2007).