- Brennan, Paul and Miller, Donald. Recommendations for Local Government Procurement Reform in New York State. New York State Association of Municipal Purchasing Officials (2004).
- Gordon, Stephen. Increasing Transparency in State and Local Government Purchasing. AGA Weblog (2008).
- Madland, David and Paarlberg, Michael. Making Contracting Work for the United States Center for American Progress (2008).
- McMahon, Michael. City of Buffalo Contracting Process: Demolition Contracts
- Common Cause of New Jersey. Pay to Play Reform Laws.
- Hawaii Procurement Reform Law
- New Providence, New Jersey. Ordinance making professional companies that donate over a maximum amount to political campaigns ineligible for government contracts
- Albany. Board of Contract and Supply handles all purchases over $10,000 and public works over $20,000.
- Memphis. Purchasing Division procures goods and services, uses e-procurement system.
- Wichita. Purchasing Department publishes excellent guide to doing business with the city. Centralized e-procurement.